On Windows 10, you are able to link your Android smartphone. After linking Android with Windows 10 you’ll be in a position to receive notifications, send web page links to PC, continue your work on PC where you left off, etc. Simply put, you are able to focus on your Android smartphone after which switch to Windows 10 PC seamlessly and continue your work there. Let me show you how to link Android smartphone with Windows 10.
Add Android Smartphone to Windows 10
It’s rather easy to connect Android smartphone to Windows 10.
1. Open the Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Win + I. If you want to, click around the Notifications icon appearing around the right-side of the Taskbar and then click on the “Settings” button.
2. Within the Settings panel, click around the “Phone.”
3. Once the Phone page opens, it just looks empty. As I said, Microsoft is working on adding the features to this page. Anyway, click around the “Add a Phone” button on the right panel.
4. You’ll be prompted to enter your phone number. So, enter your phone number and click on the “Send” button.
5. You’ll receive an SMS with a link. Click on it. You’ll be redirected Microsoft Launcher app in the Google Play Store. Just install Microsoft launcher from play store. I’ve been using the launcher also it is really good. In the end, with a 4.6 rating and over ten million downloads, you can’t go wrong.
6. After installing, open the app and login with the same Microsoft account you are using in your Windows 10 PC.
7. As soon as you log in with Microsoft account on your Android smartphone you’ll see your phone around the Phone page.
It’s that simple to link Android with Windows 10. If you wish to receive notifications from Android to Windows 10, you need to install Microsoft Cortana or Cortana for Android.
Unlink Android from Windows 10
In future, if you wish to remove Android from Windows 10, you have to unlink it. Follow the below steps to unlink Android smartphone from Windows 10.
1. Open the Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Win + I and go to “Phone.”
2. Here, click around the “Manage all devices linked to your Microsoft account” link.
3. You’ll be taken towards the Microsoft account page. Click around the “Unlink this phone” link under your device icon.
4. Within the pop-up window, select the checkbox “Unlink this mobile phone” and click around the “Remove” button.
That’s it. As soon as you click on the “Remove” button, Microsoft will remove the device from your Microsoft account. You will no longer see your phone in the Settings page.